$17.17 new child care rate in GTA – share this link with your employer
- simple explanation means $17.17 is the lowest hourly rate an employer can legally pay if you are a temporary resident Foreign Worker – working under LMIA or Work Permit (child care)
- this rate applies to ALL employers in Canada – you are welcome to send the link to your employer so they are up to date
- For other parts of Canada check link https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/wagereport/occupation/17176#note_3_1
- NOTE Service Canada uses the term MEDIAN RATE – practical definition THIS IS LOWEST RATE ANY EMPLOYER IS ALLOWED TO PAY any foreign worker – If you are employer & trying to make sense of this advised to call HRSDC SERVICE CANADA 1(800)367-5693 (free service)
- yes Employers once approved for LMIA are expected to keep track of changes – this is why we publish annually so all involved with have the info needed. Employer need to comply in order to be eligible to continue using the foreign workers.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!